Bring your Characters to life. Make them real. Speak to them. Ask them questions. Yah I know you’re talking to yourself but if you dig deep, bring out the details, really think it through, being really specific, this will make your characters more believable and easier for your readers to relate to them.
If you’re feeling a little stuck for how to start building your characters, Bethany Cadman over at Writers Life put together a wonderful list of question you could ask your character that will make them seem more real.
1. How old are they and do they act their age? Do they mind being that old or are they clinging to their youth? Perhaps they are old before their time?
2. What was their childhood like? How do they get on with their relatives? Are their parents still alive, and if not what happened?
3. What kind of relationships do they have with others? Do they have a partner, and if so is it a happy relationship? Do they have lots of friends or are they more of a recluse?
4. What hobbies and passions do they have? Find out what they love to do.
5. What makes them happiest?
See 5 more questions over at the source of this article Writers Life
Here’s something that may help – a list of Character words
For more writing tips go to http://writerssecrets.com/writers-secrets-tips/ plus