Why is it people procrastinate in the first place –
Any of these sound familiar?
I’ll Do It Later
I’m Too Busy Working On Small Tasks Which Are Easier
Fear of the Unknown
Not Sure How To Get Started
I Lack Motivation
I’m Easily Distracted
“If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.”
So Start Where you Are
With What You’ve Got
5 Strategies to Bust through Procrastination:
- Procrastination-Busting Strategy #1: Write down, list your goals. Make them Achievable, Attainable and Meaningful
- Procrastination-Busting Strategy #2: Identify your procrastination habits. Examples: daydreaming, having another cup of coffee, pulling into your shell, doodling or keeping yourself busy with small tasks.
- Procrastination-Busting Strategy #3: Designate a writing space specifically for writing or creating, with no distractions. Make it your sacred space.
- Procrastination-Busting Strategy #4: Leave your preconceived limitations
at the door.Common limitations: It’s not perfect. What if I fail? What if no one likes my work? This has been done before.Replace with: It doesn’t have to be perfect! What if I succeed? What if people do like my work? I have a unique voice for someone to hear.
- Procrastination-Busting Strategy #5: Get support. Get it from friends, family, online, with a mentor.
Do you have other strategies for busting though procrastination? Let us know in the comments. We’d love to hear from you.